Shikara Boat Ride – Explore the city of Srinagar
Shikara Ride is one of favorite activities of every individual. Kashmir is the living paradise on earth with warm and humble people living inside the city of Srinagar. Srinagar city is full of shrines, temples, historical monuments, floating markets and much more. You can explore many of these places in the shikara boat.
If you are staying in the Houseboat in Srinagar, then you should add one day in your plan to explore the Srinagar city in the Shikara Boat ride. Shikara ride in Dal Lake is another voyage to explore the hidden parts of Dal Lake and Srinagar city.
Places to visit on Shikara Boat in Kashmir
The day you have plans for Shikara Boat drawing in Kashmir, you should wake up early around 6am and start your journey of Shikara ride in Dal Lake.
- Floating Market (Meena Bazar) :- It is the only floating market in Srinagar where you will see vegetable market,floating shops of Shawls, Jewelries, Dry Fruits, Kashmir art shops and much more.
- Nehru’s park :- It is located on the Boulvard road where the road to Shankaracharya temple starts. It is a small island in the middle of Dal Lake with a beautiful park full of flowers.
- Char Chinar Park :- It is another island in the middle of Dal Lake. It is popular for four Chinar trees Located on its four corners. You will enjoy 360 view of full Boulvard road from there.
- Lotus Garden :- Lotus Garden is also a tourist attraction during the peak season of june and july. You will see thousands of Lotus flowers floating on the water. It is very beautiful and soothing to the eyes of every one.
Places to visit on Shikara Boat in Srinagar City
Once you have finished exploring the Dal Lake, now it is the time to experience the city of Srinagar on the Shikara boat.You will see lot of historical monuments on the way of Jhelum river.
- Popular Bridges :- The Srinagar city is Linked with more than 7 bridges which include Amira kadal, Badshah Bridge, Habba kadal, Fateh kadal, Zaina kadal, Nawa Kadal, Safa Kadal, Abdullah Bridge.
- Khanqah Shrine :- It is a historical mosque also known as Shah-e-Hamdan Masjid first built in 1395 CE by Sultan Sikander. It is located on the bank of river Jhelum. Its nearest foot bridge is Fateh Kadal.
- Badshah Tomb :- This tomb holds the final resting place of the mother of famous Kashmiri Ruler named Zain-ul-Abidin also known as ‘Bod Shah’ in Kashmir Language. This tomb can also be seen from Zaina Kadal Bridge.
- Hanuman Mandir :- Hanuman Mandir is one of the famous temples located in the heart of the city near Amira Kadal Bridge. This temple is within walking distance from Ghata- Ghar Lal Chowk.
- Pathar Masjid :- It is the mosque made of limestone built by Mughal Empress Noor Jehan (Wife of Emperor Jahangir) in 17th Century. It is also known as Naev Masjid having a beautiful garden on the bank of Jhelum river. The nearest bridge to this monument is Zaina Kadal.
What is the price of Shikara Ride in Srinagar
There is an hourly charge for Shikara ride in Srinagar. At most only 4 people are allowed in one Shikara. Shikara ride cost varies depending upon the time and no. of persons. Shikara ride price are as follows.
- For 1-Hour :- Rs. 550
- For 2-Hours :- Rs. 800
- For 3-Hours :- Rs. 1200
- For 6-Hours :- Rs. 2000
How to Book Shikara Boat Ride in Srinagar
Shikara Boat Ride booking in Srinagar is a very simple process. We provide quick booking of Shikara Boat for our clients in Srinagar. On the booking page you need to select the date, duration of your Shikara ride and no. of Shikaras needed. You will be guided to a page where you need to fill up the details and make payment. After successful booking you will receive booking confirmation including the ghat no. where your Shikara Boat will be waiting for you.
For further queries related to booking Shikara boat in Srinagar, you can get in touch with us through Whatsapp, Email or Phone.